EPIDIAN® DECO combined with HARDENER DECO or DECO K is an epoxy composition designed to create unique, exclusive pieces of furniture and other elements of interior design.
- create furniture and decorations based on wood and resin composition
- coat wooden surfaces
- create epoxy river decorative tabletops
- fill in defects in wood
- create jewelry and other artistic elements.
We’d like to tackle some of the frequently asked questions regarding EPIDIAN® DECO based composition. If you have a question or a request, please e-mail us at email@example.com and we will be happy to answer in one of our future newsletters or during our upcoming webinar.
1. HOW SHOULD I PREP THE WOOD BEFORE KICKING OFF? HOW SHOULD I PRIME IT?
The wood should be grinded beforehand to remove any traces of dirt, even out the surface and improve penetration.
The composition (EPIDIAN® DECO + HARDENER DECO) should be evenly applied with a brush or a squeegee to the entire surface. Avoid applying too much product for it will not be absorbed and hardened properly.
2. HOW SHOULD I AVOID AIR BUBBLES IN THE RESIN AFTER HARDENING? HOW DO I GET THE BUBBLES OUT OF THE RESIN?
To avoid air bubbles from getting into the resin in the first place, one should pay particular attention to the mixing process. The tools are just as important as the process itself. We highly recommend using a low-speed mixer at 300-400 rpm. Most of the time it helps break up the air bubbles.
Furthermore, the air bubbles may be the evidence of improper priming.
3. WHAT ARE THE RECOMMENDED CONDITIONS (TEMPERATURE, AIR HUMIDITY) TO WORK WITH EPIDIAN® DECO RESIN?
Recommended air humidity in the room should be about 60% at 20°C (but not less than 18°C). Moisture content of wood should not exceed 10%. Recommended moisture content is below 8%.
Resin should always be processed indoors.
4. CAN I USE A GAS BURNER OR ELECTRIC HEATER TO HARDEN EPIDIAN® DECO?
Burners are not aimed for hardening but rather for the so-called deaeration i.e. removal of air bubbles from the surface of a hardened composition. It should be used quite carefully to avoid uneven hardening which may have a negative impact on the final result.
5. IS EPIDIAN® DECO RESIN SAFE?
Yes. After hardening, EPIDIAN® DECO becomes a substance, chemically neutral to living organisms, including human body. Moreover, EPIDIAN® DECO certified by the Polish National Institute of Hygiene (PZH).